Saturday, June 20, 2009

A letter to DAD

As I write you this letter Dad I know it's too little too late.
Though you are still here a disease known as Alzheimer's has taken all that was great.

Given the situation this letter I must write, to tell you that I love you and the time with you is the best.
There were so many things I should not have said and the things I should have I must now lay to rest.

Words can't express the respect and gratitude I feel for all you have done.
Now watching you suffer though you do not know, is killing me slowly like a collapsed lung.

That long, lost, blank look that is now present in your eyes, was once filled with ambition, joy and love that could clear up any dark skies.

A Jack of all trades and a master of one.
A damn good barber was the trade you found to be fun.

Dad I need your advise just one more bit of guidance is that too much to ask?
I guess I should have listened more when you gave it instead of acting as though listening to you was such a big task.

Oh Dad the great memories I have of cottaging and fishing with you when I was a Young boy.
I know you cant remember them but for all it's worth those times with you were when I truly felt joy.

PLEASE Dad snap out of it I cant stand to watch you deteriorate,but the truth is it only gets worse for us the spectators and that is what I hate.

I write you this letter Dad too little too late.
Dad please forgive me for all I did and said wrong and when it comes to a good man dad YOU ARE GREAT.
P.S.
TO MY DAD DONATO BIANCO YOU MAY HAVE LOST YOUR MIND BUT YOU WILL NEVER LOSE YOUR DIGNITY.I LOVE YOU DAD

0 comments: